Monday, September 30, 2013

VPA Student Spotlight: Kevin Rocheleau

Kevin Rocheleau is a Junior majoring in Physics and Applied Mathematics.  Despite the fact that he hasn't declared a major or a minor (yet) within the Visual & Performing Arts Department, he has been heavily involved in the arts on campus during his college career.  He currently performs with the Chamber Choir, KSO, Pep Band, and Wind Symphony, and performed in Fiddler on the Roof last Spring.



1. How does your participation in the arts enhance your experience as a Physics Student?
Its what I do for fun. Its how I get away from classes. I've made a lot of friends through the arts here at Tech

2. What is the most important thing you have learned from your arts experiences at Tech?
If you love to do something, even if you aren't going to major in it, continue to do it. I know I don't want music as my career, but it's an integral part to my life.

3. What inspires you?
In terms of the arts, it was always my older siblings. They were also in band and choir all through elementary and high school. In particular, I always wanted to be like my older brother. That's how I got into the arts, and I've loved it ever since.

4. What advice would you give to other Tech students who want to participate in the arts?
Go ahead and do it. It is definitely worth the extra time and effort. You’ll get to meet a lot of great people, and they are all there because they want to be.